• 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Announcing Vanilla High 3.0!
Exclamation 
Hello Vanilla High Miners!

As some of you may have heard, there are rumours that there is a new Vanilla High coming up. The rumours are true! We have been busy working on a brand new server for the past weeks and a few regulars have had the chance of taking a sneak peek. I will try to answer several questions that the Vanilla High community may have.

The opening date for the new server is January 20th 2017. You do not need to do anything in your server list. The current server address, mc.vanillahigh.net will automatically point to the new server on the launch date.

The current server is not being deleted. None of your builds are going away. If you need to finish something on the current server, you will need to connect to a different address legacy.vanillahigh.net after the new one opens. This archived server will be whitelisted because its purpose is to allow VH regulars to complete their builds, take screenshots, record videos etc. Admins will not be active and we do not want some stranger to log on and grief.

To get whitelisted for the old server, please express your request as a reply to this thread here. This server will be ran for as long as required to allow the current regulars of Vanilla High to complete their builds and take screenshots of their work. Spectator mode will be provided on demand for those of you who want to make videos of your creations.

The new server is a fresh new start for everyone. No inventory items nor any build will be copied over from the current server. We're keeping the server rules: No raiding, No griefing, Keep Inventory On, Mob Grief On, World Border 50K, Family friendly.

Major changes
1. Players require full health to be able to use the teleport commands in the book.
2. There is no more sheep spawner at spawn. Some food and wool is included in new players' start kit to aid them start their journey.
3. There are two trading booths at the market, where two players can trade items without the risk of a third-party intercepting the items on the ground.
4. Escrow and Nether market programmes are no more.
5. Spawn protection is smaller so it is easier to get to survival by simply walking out of spawn.
6. The new minimum recommended build distance is now 15K (Both X and Z added). This means when you add up your X and Z coordinates (ignore positive and negative, the total should be more than 15,000. The minimum recommended distance was 5K on either X or Z but unfortunately, many players were building right at the edge of 5K and becoming easy targets to persistent raiders/griefers. It was also difficult to restore these major griefs from backup as it was time-consuming and was affecting other builds in the area that might not have been raided/griefed. No admin assistance or rollback will be provided for raids/griefs occurring under the minimum recommended build distance.

A big thanks to everyone for having played on Vanilla High for so long! We hope you will enjoy the new server as much as we enjoyed building it for you. Remember to vote daily to keep the server in good ranks.

For those of you who have full-time jobs and can spare some extra money, it is possible to contribute to pay the monthly server bills.

Vote Link
Contribution Link
[Image: nGVjqqg.png]
So the rumors were true?! Wow!

Selling hype train tickets, PM
mtd
will there be a download to the current world supplied or am I going to have to use a mod to export my base?
click here to see what happens when I get bored while taking a unity tutorial
Glad I didn't start any major projects. Guessing we aren't given a date currently but will we get it before it happens so we know when to be ready? Also any honor system on dragon kill?
(01-15-2017, 06:09 AM)ye_olde_troller Wrote: will there be a download to the current world supplied or am I going to have to use a mod to export my base?

The world is 82 GB at the time of writing. It is not feasible to provide a world this size for downloading.
(01-15-2017, 06:15 AM)Hurvicane Wrote: Glad I didn't start any major projects. Guessing we aren't given a date currently but will we get it before it happens so we know when to be ready? Also any honor system on dragon kill?

The new server is opening on January 20th as stated in the announcement. There is no "honor system" as far as the EnderDragon is concerned. Whoever gets there first has a shot.
so it will be a new seed?
Awesome news, very excited and I can not wait to start a fresh new world Smile

ye_olde_troller, the world is over 80 GB so very hard to host as a download. The best idea will be as you suggested and use a mod to export the section of the map you want if you wish to keep your base. BlockBandit maybe able to elaborate on this further. (He already did as I wrote this lol)
[Image: Carl_71.png]
(01-15-2017, 06:15 AM)Hurvicane Wrote: Glad I didn't start any major projects. Guessing we aren't given a date currently but will we get it before it happens so we know when to be ready? Also any honor system on dragon kill?

(01-15-2017, 05:48 AM)BlockBandit Wrote: The opening date for the new server is January 20th 2017. You do not need to do anything in your server list. The current server address, mc.vanillahigh.net will automatically point to the new server on the launch date.
mtd
(01-15-2017, 06:22 AM)Sky_Selfies Wrote: so it will be a new seed?

Yes all new seed !!!
[Image: Carl_71.png]