• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Yesterday, I was perma-banned for duping.

I'll be completely honest, I saw the new book exploit from 2b2t and wanted to see if I could replicate it for myself. I found out it that it didn't work in singleplayer and I had no idea how to make a server on my own, so I found possibly the only good vanilla server where it was unpatched and sought to replicate it. So, I went out to 30k+ where I thought no others could possibly be, and set up an experiment area where I successfully executed a chunk overflow and duplicated many chest-worths of tools and resources. Originally I hadn't planned to stay on the server, but in retrospect, the extreme land generation and community were incredibly pleasant from my short time on, and it's very saddening to lose now that I realize what could have been on this wonderful server. 

In the chat broadcast, I did see there was a warning NOT to spawn in items, which I ignored to my downfall when it was already too late. I understand now, completely, and utterly after my mistake, that chunk save-stating falls under the rule against spawning in items, which I knowingly broke.

From a player with an interest in computer science, whose curiosity got the best of them, I ask you with utter remorse and regret, to appeal my ban for the recent chunk overflow duplication exploit. I am fully willing to restart with a fresh inventory in a completely random chunk with no access to other players, or any other restrictions you see fit, and even assist you in patching the exploit from your server, so that future players may not replicate the save state as I did previously.

With heavy apologies and remorse, Flash.

EDIT: In addition, no hacks were used in this execution, and the execution could be done entirely in Vanilla Minecraft, which makes it much more dangerous, and a patch for it, even more necessary.
If you want to build a duping system, a server isn't the best place to try. There is a message showing up warning players that they'll get banned for duping. If you were a new player and started to build it as soon as you came, you deserve it. If you're an old player, you should have already seen the message, so you also deserve it. Either way, I cannot do much about it, an admin will probably yell at me for replying to a ban appeal, but they will also tell you somewhat the same thing. Hope you understand.

Have a nice day anyway.
-Shayzis
(03-17-2019, 07:45 PM)Shayzis Wrote: If you want to build a duping system, a server isn't the best place to try. There is a message showing up warning players that they'll get banned for duping. If you were a new player and started to build it as soon as you came, you deserve it. If you're an old player, you should have already seen the message, so you also deserve it. Either way, I cannot do much about it, an admin will probably yell at me for replying to a ban appeal, but they will also tell you somewhat the same thing. Hope you understand.

Have a nice day anyway.
-Shayzis

A server is the only place this exploit works. The message came as soon as I was finished, and the damage was already done (I came to the server a day ago). This exploit could be very easily fixed if you'd accept. If not, that's fine as well.

See you soon.
Hi Tallest_Flash,

Thank you for the appeal. Sadly, it cannot be accepted because duping is one thing that can completely destroy the server's economy overnight. This is not an anarchy environment like 2b2t where the economy does not matter much. Vanilla High has a thriving player interaction who spend their time grinding xp, gathering items and engaging in trade. Allowing duped items into this ecosystem threatens this community interaction and ultimately the longer-term life of the server. The reason there was this prominent warning every hour was to advise everyone, including server regulars that duping is taken very seriously and nobody is exempt to the rules. Two Vanilla High regulars were banned for duping or attempting to dupe in this month alone. We cannot make an exemption to a rule which, I have to stress once again, can potentially ruin a server.
[Image: rtgPp1R.jpg]