• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Upgrade the Server?
Lightbulb 
Now this is only a suggestion since I'm not aware of what provider or expenses there are for this server but I was curious if it's possible to upgrade the server's capacity (in memory, not player count). As much as the 2 hour restarts help, the effects are only temporary and if around 12-13+ players join in once session then the server struggles to keep up. At around 15 players the effects are greatly noticeable 

As a player I can say it's never fun when it's required to break a block 3 times for the server to recognize I broke a block or for eating to take 3x as long. Using a bow can be considered ineffective at most from how long it takes to fully draw it back (even if it visually shows so). Mining large areas takes an extensive amount of time and the time for the server to go from night to day or day to night feels almost twice as long than usual, if not almost three times as long. 

And I assure that I'm not the only one to experience this issue. It would make the game play experience so much better if we didn't have so much lag all the time. If it's possible, it would be a great benefit for the server to get even a slight upgrade.
Hi Onixios, the server specs/ cost per month is listed here: https://vanillahigh.net/support-us/
Yeah, I guess Intel i7-7700K, 64GB DDR4 RAM is not enough to run a minecraft server these days...

Sarcasm aside, we're a purist server running the stock server jar provided by Mojang. They really screwed it it up to the point of singleplayer lagging (because it also uses that). We can't do much about it.
shameless self-promotion:
twitter
ru: vk
homepage
(01-07-2020, 01:03 AM)Metal Wrote: Yeah, I guess Intel i7-7700K, 64GB DDR4 RAM is not enough to run a minecraft server these days...

Sarcasm aside, we're a purist server running the stock server jar provided by Mojang. They really screwed it it up to the point of singleplayer lagging (because it also uses that). We can't do much about it.

whoa lol