• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1.16!
Are you ready? Are we ready? 
Rumor is there will be a server reset, so what are your plans for the next world?
Rumor?

Plans??
[Image: S56PqMF.png]
Is there a new world coming??

If so why am I always the last to be informed of anything like this?
[Image: Carl_71.png]
Spin, for like the 4th time, there MIGHT be a reset for 1.16 due to major generation update in the nether and (maybe) mountains but never has anyone said that it IS going to happen.
(01-11-2020, 09:10 AM)Shayzis Wrote: Spin, for like the 4th time, there MIGHT be a reset for 1.16 due to major generation update in the nether and (maybe) mountains but never has anyone said that it IS going to happen.

lol, thats why I said it was a rumor!

Big Grin

but if it happens are people excited by the new potential for everything?!?
*If* the server resets for 1.16, I would be excited about that. Usually I think of a server wipe as a sad, loathsome time, and it might be somewhat for me, but given how much I've learned about the unique aspects of Vanilla High, and how that effects game play, I crave a do-over.

*If* wiped, I would restart much as I did this round: no starter kit, travel overland deep into the wilderness, and set up a small, well hidden, but better optimized base. The only thing preventing me from doing that now is sunken cost fallacy, lol.

I think it would be cool to clean up abandoned structures, and other player-made randomness (hate finding a random, 100 block high netherack column in otherwise pristine overworld wilderness, etc.).

Plus I'm still pretty new and feel late to the party, so starting a new party with y'all would be cool.

Just my 2 cents!
[Image: SierraXerxes.png]
Don't know anything about anything yet, but my unbiased opinion is that I personally wouldn't mind a reset happening either. I would love to have a fresh start and as the self-proclaimed "director of fun and stuff" would love to add some new fun stuff to play around with!
shameless self-promotion:
twitter
ru: vk
homepage
I also would be happy with a reset for 1.16. I've really been struggling for ideas for quite some time and was disappointed there has not been one yet.
[Image: Haberja.png]
A few people have left saying they would come back for 1.16 if there was a reset. I guess everyone has different views on the topic.
Even I would like a brand new world for when 1.16 is released. However I can't just impose my ideas on the community without extensive consulting with the other members of staff. I am really hoping 1.16 brings back customised terrain generation so we can have our pre-1.13 style terrain that was unique to Vanilla, without resorting to Amplified which is very taxing on computing resources, both server and client side.
[Image: S56PqMF.png]