• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My base is COMPLETELY GONE
Ok, from the title it's completely absurd but... my base is utterly and completely GONE. Not just some items or the chests, but the ENTIRE BUILD has been removed. Crops, House, the unfinished wall i was making... all gone. All there is left is my underground enchanting room, which seems to have survived the "purge". The only possible clue i found was a sign near a structure i built saying something in cyrillic. All the rest? Totally disappeared.
And it's not just mine, either. Every single base in that radius has completely vanished; no traces left or anything.
Now, i have some hypothesis:
1. The bases were MANUALLY removed BLOCK BY BLOCK. Now this is absurd and probably false, but it still an option considering some how some things managed to survive.
2. An admin, or someone else with a position of power on the server, removed the builds with WorldEdit or similar programs because... Inactivity, perhaps?
3. The builds were previously griefed and some passerby decided to fix whatever was left. I find this very unlikely but, you know, everything's possible in these circumstances.

I am therefore asking for an admin or helper to check this situation and see if something can be done. Thanks in advance.
-marcobelva

P.S. parts of some builds weren't removed, perhaps for lack of time or resources. I seriously don't know. Best regards. I'll provide screenshots if requested.
I will send you a pm for coordinates.
[Image: bamajoe411.png]
Admins wouldn't do that, but probably some griefer looking for fun.
I like anime, 90s and early 2000s rock, and being stupid.
(02-09-2020, 11:31 AM)Kailiedd Wrote: Admins wouldn't do that, but probably some griefer looking for fun.

Removing a base block for block until nothing's left doesn't sound fun to me  xD
And besides, i think some of the work was done by some sort of... bot? I find it rather strange that someone would leave untouched my enchanting room, with quite a few valuables in it.
Griefers come in all shapes and sizes, and what's fun to them is a burden to us. Point being that some griefers like to remove all traces of builds to confuse the original builders into thinking nothing was ever there. It's weird but there's a lot of different methods people use to annoy us.
Just the other day we've banned a griefer who dismantled a giant base block by block. It was fun to see his confusion when he logged back on and the base was rolled back.
shameless self-promotion:
twitter
ru: vk
homepage
(02-09-2020, 04:19 PM)Metal Wrote: Just the other day we've banned a griefer who dismantled a giant base block by block. It was fun to see his confusion when he logged back on and the base was rolled back.

Haha wish I could have seen it
We had a very unique griefer on the server a few days ago. He hit Hellfreeze's base, part of Cherryville and before that marcobelva. Unlike other griefers who content themselves blowing up bases with TNT or lavacasting, this guy was spending time removing each block tediously and patiently. This is not something I have personally seen in my 5 years staffing a Minecraft server. While I can admire the patience and resolve of this person, griefing and hacks are against the server rules so he was removed from the server and the affected bases rolled back from backups.
[Image: S56PqMF.png]