• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Admins abusing powers
To whom it may concern,

I am writing to complain about the immature behavior displayed by some of the admins on this server. I was sitting in jail talking to my peers on the server as I am allowed to do. When I told the admins that I have no intention of appealing my jail they proceeded to kick me from the server. I am only writing this to say that I am not impressed with the lack of professionalism of the admins of this server. As I am aware I have the right to refuse to appeal my jailing and can continue playing on the server if I so choose. To whoever is reading this I want to emphasize that this appeal is not to my jailing but rather an appeal to the ban on my server. I still refuse to appeal my jailing as I still believe I did nothing wrong. If all these requests are falling on deaf ears then I would ask simply to unban Kaden as he is not associated with me in any way and probably just got caught up in the moment.

Respectfully,

Hollow
Hello, it seems like you don't like me, the reasons you were jailed as i was hearing it from you yourself, was that you stole, that's a fair reason, ill look at the server logs to see if its real, now the reason you were banned, and i typed this in the ban message, you chose not to want to appeal(as you are doing now in the ban/jail appeal section), that makes you more liable to cause issues, such as potentially driving away new players, causing server turmoil, and so forth, if you wish to not have this viewed by me, i'm perfectly fine with the rest of staff discussing and making the choice, the simple action we take when a player publicly states that they do not want to appeal, is either to wait for them to cause said issues, or just ban them there so they wont create issues in the foreseeable future.
Have a bubbly day and make sure the cluckingtons won't steal your diamonds.

The silent Lapras07.
(03-27-2020, 05:42 AM)Lapras07 Wrote: Hello, it seems like you don't like me, the reasons you were jailed as i was hearing it from you yourself, was that you stole, that's a fair reason, ill look at the server logs to see if its real, now the reason you were banned, and i typed this in the ban message, you chose not to want to appeal(as you are doing now in the ban/jail appeal section), that makes you more liable to cause issues, such as potentially driving away new players, causing server turmoil, and so forth, if you wish to not have this viewed by me, i'm perfectly fine with the rest of staff discussing and making the choice, the simple action we take when a player publicly states that they do not want to appeal, is either to wait for them to cause said issues, or just ban them there so they wont create issues in the foreseeable future.

Hello Lapras07,

Please do not think that I do not like you. This is not personal in any way. I will still argue that my jailing was not proportional to the items that were stolen. I have read the rules of this server and nowhere does it state that I will be banned from refusing to make a forum post. Also, the comment made against one the admins that was inappropriate was not made by me and I did not violate any of the above-mentioned infractions. In my view, I was jailed for a minor offense and I have the right to say this to other players on the server. If that to you is "causing server turmoil" then maybe you should all consider updating your rules to fit your new-found viewpoints. I have no problem with you viewing my case as I feel that you know the situation best since we spent a long time talking over the chat. I am confident that I am speaking to Bubble at the moment and If I am I want to say that even though we have disagreements on how the rules of this server should be interpreted, I still found you to be more cordial than the other admins and I commend you for not making sly comments against as most of your peers did.

Kind Regards,

Hollow
For your jailing, it wouldn't have mattered if you stole a beacon, or a diamond, or a sheep, you stole, you got jailed, for breaking the rule of no stealing, that's fair. The banning for them publicly stating they wont appeal, is also logical, not something most players would need to know as its not part of their daily affairs within the server, that's for us the staff to decide, I waited until I got a definitive answer that you wouldn't appeal, and a reason for why you wouldn't appeal, i then decided to ban you since you wouldn't appeal anyway, and afterwords players were telling me that they were getting annoyed by you, so yes in a sense you were creating turmoil, but not banned for it. That is all, i'll let the other staff decide on this, and try to contact the staff member that originally jailed you as well as obtain server logs.
Have a bubbly day and make sure the cluckingtons won't steal your diamonds.

The silent Lapras07.
(03-27-2020, 06:21 AM)Lapras07 Wrote: For your jailing, it wouldn't have mattered if you stole a beacon, or a diamond, or a sheep, you stole, you got jailed, for breaking the rule of no stealing, that's fair. The banning for them publicly stating they wont appeal, is also logical, not something most players would need to know as its not part of their daily affairs within the server, that's for us the staff to decide, I waited until I got a definitive answer that you wouldn't appeal, and a reason for why you wouldn't appeal, i then decided to ban you since you wouldn't appeal anyway, and afterwords players were telling me that they were getting annoyed by you, so yes in a sense you were creating turmoil, but not banned for it. That is all, i'll let the other staff decide on this, and try to contact the staff member that originally jailed you as well as obtain server logs.

I think food should fall under a separate category but you are more than welcome to disagree with me. Again you cannot say that you had any right to ban me for refusing to make an appeal as it is not stated anywhere in the rules that this specific situation is for "the admins to decide". I am not sure what you mean by "not something most players would need to know"? Are you trying to say that I was banned for discussing something that is not against the rules but still somehow warrants a ban? You are making absolutely no sense. Furthermore, I am more than capable of playing on your server while being in jail as I can still capitalize on the social aspect of the server (again not against the rules). Also, I expect you to provide proof that there were players messaging you stating that I was annoying them (for anonymity blur their names) or else I will not consider that a valid argument ( also your admin buddies don't count as they are biased as far as I am concerned Smile ). 

Respectfully,

Hollow
Jail is a temporary holding area for players who break rules until we decide if they should be banned or not. You have admitted to stealing items from various players. You were being disruptive while you were jailed instead of filing an appeal.

<Hollow_Point73> I expropriated various items from various peoples
<Hollow_Point73> Leave the server

You broke server rules and complained about not having being given a venue to defend yourself but refused to post an appeal on the forum, which is the proper venue. Instead you choose to register an account and post about how you're a 'victim'. You're not. The ban is not out of order and stays.
[Image: S56PqMF.png]
(03-27-2020, 12:57 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: Jail is a temporary holding area for players who break rules until we decide if they should be banned or not. You have admitted to stealing items from various players. You were being disruptive while you were jailed instead of filing an appeal.

<Hollow_Point73> Leave the server

You broke server rules and complained about not having being given a venue to defend yourself but refused to post an appeal on the forum, which is the proper venue. Instead you choose to register an account and post about how you're a 'victim'. You're not. The ban is not out of order and stays.

"Jail is a temporary holding area for players who break rules until we decide if they should be banned or not". Again this is not stated in the rules for the server. If you wish to include it as part of your rules going forward, then you cannot punish me for something that was not evident under your own rules of the server. Furthermore, the hypocrisy of your so-called rules are clearly evident. You state that appeals can only be made on this website yet you use comments I made in the game as supposed evidence against me? Why don't you include the arguments I made against the admins while I was on the server If you are so adamant about bringing up comments I made. Why do you only use comments that work in your favor? I am asking you to be professional about this situation and not let your personal disdain for me affect your decision in regards to revoking my unjust ban.

Respectfully,

Hollow

Rule broken as per https://vanillahigh.net/rules which states

"Do not steal from other players. If a building looks abandoned, it does not necessarily mean it is. Do not steal from it. This is an offense which can earn you a ban."

Ban stays. You can now find another server to play on.
(03-27-2020, 05:16 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: <Hollow_Point73> I expropriated various items from various peoples

Rule broken as per https://vanillahigh.net/rules which states

"Do not steal from other players. If a building looks abandoned, it does not necessarily mean it is. Do not steal from it. This is an offense which can earn you a ban."

Ban stays. You can now find another server to play on.
Hello CubeStealer (Ironic name given the circumstances)

That comment was made on the server and per your own rules nothing said on the server can impact the ban decision. I still expect an admin to go through the logs and specifically point out what was taken and not rely on comments I made in banter, but if we are going to look at previous comments then I guess you would not mind if we go through your comments to point out your hypocrisy? "Jail is a temporary holding area for offenses that do not require an immediate ban when the offense is spotted." Funny because I was still banned shortly after refusing to make a forum post. Or how about we look at the fact that many more serious offenses (such as hacking) seem to be forgiven much more easily? On December 24th, 2019 a user by the name of Ismin was banned from the server for "hacking on the vanillahigh server" however even after committing a much more serious offense he was offered a conditional unban to be allowed back on the server. I also found that you give out much harsher punishments for infractions compared to your peers so I would like someone unbiased to look at the facts of what I did and provide me with a written explanation of why my offense warrants a full ban and why people who hack and grief are more often than not given conditional unbanning offers. If the administrators of this server can prove to me that this banning is not a personal attack (as I am sure most of you do not like me), then I will retract my bove comments and accept my so-called justice.

Respectfully,

Hollow
Ismin choose to file an appeal. Ismin understood what s/he did was against the rule and offered not to break the rules again. You, on the other hand choose to sit in jail and be a special cupcake instead of appealing. We sometimes offer a pardon to players who express regret for breaking the rules and offer them a chance to play again. Also, the rules page does not state that hacking is a more serious offence than stealing; this is your opinion. You're invited to move along now and find another server to play on; VanillaHigh is not the server for you.