50.00%
No
50.00%
2 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanilla high community atmosphere dwindling
Exclamation 
Ive decided to make this message as i feel that vanilla high has been having some issues

For the past year when i decided to rejoin after i left in 2018 i noticed a major change in the community atmosphere 

One thing that has been recently going on for the past several months is that ive basically became the servers emotional support person and a unofficial admin.

Ive getting emails and message on discord from vanilla high members saying that they are upset with the server and even though i explain im not a admin i still try my best to  resolve the issues

One thing that alot of people say is that they don't trust alot the Vanilla high admins (the most voted  vh admin trusted by them is shankled (more on this later)) on the server to resolve their issues one of the reasons is the admins will tell them to resolve it themselves instead of help

Over these past couple of weeks during covid 19 ive been struggling to keep up with the messages ive been getting and spend several hours thorough the night reading and replying to these messages

I think the reason shankled is trusted by so many people is that he is a open person who doesn't discriminate people, has a kind attitude, respectful and personality cares

Me and some of the vh members have made list of ideas to restore the community atmosphere of the server

• admins should be voted for by the players and admins rather then just the admins

• people who are struggling on the server should have a admin or vetted member to give them positive feedback, help with builds and advice for the server

•admins should help resolve member and town issues rather than telling them to sort it themselves

I feel if we all act a bit more like shankled VH will be a better place for all of us
You're a player and you should not be stressing yourself by trying to resolve player issues; this is a task for server staff.
I don't think the community atmosphere is dwindling. It seems this way to you because you're trying to manage things that are not meant for you even though I understand that you mean good. Take a step back and go back to being a player.

It is server staff who decides on who the next admins will be because being a player an an admin are two different things. Someone who is good from a player perspective is not necessarily good from a staff perspective.

Staff will not micromanage every minor town issues. We already have lots to do enforcing the server rules, playing the game and patrolling.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
(07-12-2020, 10:54 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: You're a player and you should not be stressing yourself by trying to resolve player issues; this is a task for server staff.
I don't think the community atmosphere is dwindling. It seems this way to you because you're trying to manage things that are not meant for you even though I understand that you mean good. Take a step back and go back to being a player.

It is server staff who decides on who the next admins will be because being a player an an admin are two different things. Someone who is good from a player perspective is not necessarily good from a staff perspective.

Staff will not micromanage every minor town issues. We already have lots to do enforcing the server rules, playing the game and patrolling.

Well if it prevents a player from leaving i find that the support i give them is useful
[Image: 40830.png]
It is admirable that you want players to stay but in my 5 years of running VH, I have learned that if players want to leave, they will leave. If they have specific complaints that are resolvable from an admin standpoint, they can reach the admins via the Suggestions subforum or Private Messages.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]